This page contains the online orientation info for parents and students registered for our summer online sessions!
Please read the following in preparation for your upcoming session:
1) Please check your email receipt to confirm the dates of your registration. If you aren't sure when you are registered for, email email@example.com - each day will run 10am-4pm ET and will take place on Zoom.
If you need to request a change of dates or a cancellation, please let us know by at least 10 days before the first day of the session.
2) The Zoom link for online classes will be sent 1-2 days before the session to both parents and students via email.
We've found that sometimes, the Zoom links get caught in a filter or spam folder, so please check that as well.
3) Required Materials:
- Pen and notebook for taking notes
- Video-conference device (computer or tablet) with working audio and video. Please note: siblings or friends need separate devices, they can not share a device.
- Stationary chairs: We have found that office chairs that can swivel can be very distracting for students, who spin around on them. We would recommend that you provide your child with a stationary chair if possible to avoid distractions.
- (Recommended) Join a test meeting to make sure Zoom works on your device: https://zoom.us/test
- iPad: if your student intends to use an iPad for writing/research, please have a second device (like a smartphone) for Zoom conferencing. Otherwise the student may need to turn off Zoom on the iPad when they are writing.
5) Lunch and Breaks: From 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm ET every day, students will have a break for lunch. There will be no programming during this time so students can eat lunch and have a screen time break.
6) Privacy Caution: Please designate a quiet area for your student to be video-calling for classes. Please remind your student to dress appropriately, and to be cautious about what is happening in the background of the call in order to ensure the privacy of your homes.
7) Waiver: Please open this waiver and send a signed digital copy to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also print the waiver, sign it, and then take a picture on your phone and send it to us. Click here for the waiver.
8) Friend Requests: Please note, many families have been switching dates this summer. If your child is expecting to be attending Lumos with a friend, please reach out to that family to make sure they are still registered for the same session as your child.
9) Contact Info: In case you have any questions, you should contact our registration coordinator at email@example.com